- Spot information
- Honmaru Palace
Built by Matsudaira Naritsune, the feudal lord of the time, in the first year of Kaei (1848), the only remains of Kawagoe Castle, which boasted 17 stones in the Edo period, has an impressive samurai-style calm structure.
In Kawagoe Castle, Ota Uesugi Mochitomo, a vassal of Ota Dokan, was a vassal in the first year of Choroku (1457) in order to compete with Furukawa Koga Ashikaga Shigeuji. The castle was built by ordering.After that, in 16, the Kawagoe feudal lord Matsudaira Nobutsuna, who is known as a heavyweight of the Tokugawa Shogunate, expanded and maintained Kawagoe Castle on a large scale. Sannomaru and other Kuruwa ・ It consists of three turrets including a turret called Fujimi turret and twelve gates in the southwest corner of Honmaru, and the total number of tsubo is 1639 tsubo excluding moat and earthen base.The remaining Kawagoe Castle Honmaru Palace is part of what was rebuilt by the feudal lord Matsudaira Naritsune in 1848 after the Meiji Restoration, and the existing one is the entrance / hall and relocation. Only the restored house for the old man.When you enter the entrance, the corridor surrounds the room, and the decoration of some rooms is simple and the decoration is kept to a minimum. It is a magnificent structure that is truly worthy of being called a palace.
There are pine-painted picture board doors that still remain in the hall, and dolls of the elders (pictured above) in the existing elders' station, so it is fun to think about the interactions of the elders at that time.
Address350-0053-2 Kuruwamachi, Kawagoe City, Saitama Prefecture 13-1