Only 30 short minutes from Tokyo!
Kawagoe has good access to central Tokyo. It is a very convenient tourist spot, especially with the many different train lines which can be used. This information is as of March 2013.
- Tobu Tojo Line (From Ikebukuro to Kawagoe)
- Express 31 minutes, 450 yen
- Seibu Shinjuku Line (Seibu Shinjuku to Kawagoe)
- Limited Express 43 minutes,890 yen
- JR Kawagoe Line (Shinjuku to Kawagoe)
- Local 60 minutes, 760 yen
There is a direct bus from Narita Airport to Kawagoe
You can use the direct bus from Narita Airport to Kawagoe Station, West Exit.
It leaves 8 times a day for 3,200 yen and takes about 2 hours.
Advance reservation system. Reservations available up to one month in advance. If there are empty seats it is possible to ride without a reservation.